Sunday, August 07, 2005

Good trip to Reno and San Ramon

The FAA sent me to a meeting in Reno, Nevada, this past week. The meeting was OK, though it was disappointing to have the organizors of the meeting focus on getting us out early after making us travel across the country to attend the meeting.

The best part of it was that I was able to rent a car and drive over to see my brother and his family in San Ramon, California. They are doing good, and gave me the "grand tour" of the area: Muir Woods and Beach, the Golden Gate bridge, the Elephant Bar (their favorite restaurant), and the San Mateo bridge. It was fun to see my nephews and get talk face-to-face with Michael and Claudia.

Now I get to unpack, get in to work, and see what fell apart while I was away. Back to the daily grind...