Thursday, October 05, 2006

I got a new toy - a DSM-320 Wireless Media Player

My parents gave me a gift card from Best Buy for my birthday back in August, and I've been pondering what to buy with it ever since. I went in to Best Buy to drool on the equipment again, and wandered to the back of the networking section since I hadn't been back there in a while. I saw this "MediaLounge" Wireless Media Player, and read the box about 5 times trying to figure out what it does. I sped home and did some research on the thing, and found that it might be a great piece of equipment because it does something I've been trying to do for some time: bridges the gap between the computer and the TV. The reviews were mixed, but I figured I'd give it a try. It's great! It streams mp3 files from my computer through the stereo, it shows my digital pictures on the TV, and it plays video files. I've got to learn a little more to figure out why my movie files don't play (I think it's a speed thing), but it works great so far! Thanks to my parents for the gift card!