Saturday, April 25, 2009

Busy day around the house

I accomplished a lot today! I went and helped the Pack treasurer open a new checking account forour Cub Scout Pack. Then I shopped a little at Wal-Mart. I stopped at the local lawn mower parts place and bought stuff to fix the wheel not knowing exactly what I was doing, and found dealing with them to be a pleasant experience.

I was able to fix the riding mower's wheel that fell off, which was a pain. Then Jacob helped me replace the belt on the mower, which was a real chore - he figured out to get the thing over the hump and in the tracks, which was good :-) I surprised him, though, when we were talking about how to get the thing up on blocks and instead of getting the jack I just picked up the front end and told him to hurry up with the blocks!

And I fixed a light switch that had quit working. It was an X10 switch, and Sue said since it was broken it would be nice to have a "normal" switch back in there so she wouldn't have to wave at the sensor every 5 minutes. What's up with that?!? I ended up putting an LED bulb in the socket so we could conserve energy and hopefully save our part of the planet - what a Greenie I am!

And in the midst of all this I bought a Bowflex Extreme from a friend of mine for $100. It's a great workout machine, and I hope to be able to do all the cool things I can do when I work out on travel. We'll see...

Anyways, a busy day around the house today - whew! For the evening I thought Sue annd I were going out but she's got a pot roast going that smells really good, so we'll probably chill at home and watch a movie. Woohoo!