Saturday, October 10, 2009

Carac chemo creme week 3

Today is the start of week 3 of this chemo creme odyssey I am on. The skon pn my face is reacting the way it is supposed to - it is red and tight, with spots that are turning in to sores.  It is quite painful and draining!  I taking tyelenol and ibuprofen for the pain, which helps some, but I am not looking forward to the next two weeks and the recovery. 

With the raw red patches on my face I'm starring to get "the look" when I am out and about.  People can't help it - it looks like I've got some sort of skin-eating disease, so people react to it.  Some people ask if I got in to poison ivy, some just look away, but the funniest comment I got was at work:  "Are you using the same stuff Michael Jackson used on his face?"  That one makes me chuckle every time I think about it! 

Oh, well, it will be over soon.   I truly hope that this preventitive maintenance kills the actinic keritosis (sp?) so I don't have to have my face cut on later.