This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Sunday, July 01, 2012
I miss my daughter
So this is a first for me and my family: we haven't seen my daughter Megan for over a month! She is working over in AL at a christian camp as a counselor and seems to be having a great time, but... I came home the other day and walked through the living room looking at pictures of her and broke down crying because I miss seeing her! Being a parent is tough, and being the parent of an adult child is much harder than I thought it was. Hats off to my parents for doing such a good job of hiding this part of the experience from me, but it sure is hard! I look forward to seeing Megan again and having her home for a little while in the fall. We'll see how it goes...