Monday, January 14, 2013

Bought a hand gun today

So I've wanted to buy a hand gun for several years but even though I had the money I didn't have the push to buy one.  With all the hoopla over gun violence and the possibility of federal action against gun ownership I felt compelled to buy a hand gun.  This one is small, 9mm, and feels good to hold.  I'm hoping to go to the shooting range next week and give it a try, but the reviews don't sound very promising.  I'm happy to have something to use for personal protection at close range, which is exactly what I wanted, but concerned that I may have made a bad purchase. 

I've shown the boys, and I'm planning on showing Megan,  I'm hoping that it shoots OK, but we'll see next week.  I'm planning on applying for a concealed weapons permit because I feel like it's my right to be able to carry a weapon if I want to, so we'll see how that goes. 

If you have a gun, great!  If you don't I encourage you to get one to show your support of the 2nd amendment.