Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hard to stay home today

Today is my father's 75th birthday.  This is an extra special birthday to everyone because 75 is such a gift from the Lord.  It is more special to me because of the lung cancer he is currently battling.  Everything in me is screaming to run down there to FL and give him a big hug and just spend time with him, but due to my life right now I can't do that.  School is back in session, work is busy (even though I got hit by a car), and the various things that keep us running in circles are keeping me in GA. 

As frustrating as adulthood is I understand my responsibilities to my family.  I know my father is proud of me and even though I can't be with him on this special day I look forward to seeing him soon.