Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas brings memories

It's true - the holidays always bring back memories of past holidays and experiences. Today I had to get tires put on one of our vans, so I took it to a Sears store at a mall we used to go to regularly. It was fun going through the process and remembering working at the Sears Automotive shop in Florida.

Then I went out into the mall. The first memory came when I heard the dogs barking in the pet shop. I remember how Jacob and Megan loved to go see the animals in the pet shop, and would beg me to take them there more than they would beg to go to the toy store. It was fun walking through and remembering their smiles when the dogs would bark, the cats would play, the rabbits would hop, and fish would swim.

The rest of the day brought more pleasant memories, which made my time shopping more enjoyable, and then I had to go home. Christmas is such a fun time!