I did a very difficult thing for me this week: I resigned as Tech Team Lead at our church. I've had that title for almost two years, and originally took it because no one else was willing to take responsibility for the wide and varied parts of the Tech Team. During my tenure I've seen God move in great ways, and seen Him answer my prayers over and over. But I have had a running difference of visions with other leaders in the church, and have had several run-ins with our Worship leader during the past year or so. The latest one occurred the morning of Cmas eve, and it gave me a greater understanding of how differently I think from the other leaders in our church.
I am sharing this so that I can also share that I am continuing the other secondary work I feel led to do, namely website development, help with computer stuff, and support of media (video and recordings) in our church. It's hard to give up the leadership role and my personal favorite (sound), but I by doing this hope to preserve my ability to serve in the other areas the Lord has called me to serve in and still (hopefully) feel fulfilled.
I understand now that my different, more complete approach to communication and "closing the loops" is not the way others think or operate. I guess it's like I'm from "the future" and I scare the people who aren't ready for it; we'll see how things go without me leading :-)