I went and requested a reassignment to a staff position at the Service Area (formerly known as the Regional Office) in their Safety Assurance office (formerly known as as Quality Assurance). I talked to my manager, then talked to the manager of the Safety Assurance office, and have a starting date in May 2007 - woohoo! I'm hoping this will be a good career move for me, giving me an opportunity to learn what happens at the Service Area level and hopefully figure out what's happening with the reorganization in the FAA. I'm looking forward to the challenge, and hope that I can help some in the battle against chaos in our organization.
This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Saturday, February 03, 2007
New job with FAA
I went and requested a reassignment to a staff position at the Service Area (formerly known as the Regional Office) in their Safety Assurance office (formerly known as as Quality Assurance). I talked to my manager, then talked to the manager of the Safety Assurance office, and have a starting date in May 2007 - woohoo! I'm hoping this will be a good career move for me, giving me an opportunity to learn what happens at the Service Area level and hopefully figure out what's happening with the reorganization in the FAA. I'm looking forward to the challenge, and hope that I can help some in the battle against chaos in our organization.