Well, yesterday I had a bit of excitement: I had a tire blow out while driving home on I-285! It was a tire that had developed a slow leak earlier this month and I finally had it plugged last week. As I was driving along at 70 mph I heard a strange sound and the van seemed to be sagging in the back. Then there was a "boof" sound and the traditional flopping/beating noise of the tire. I let the van coast to a stop as far over toward the guardrail as I could get it, and then got out.
The tire was shredded! I started getting the stuff out to change it and one of the Hero trucks pulled up behind me. These guys were great! As I got the spare out from under the van they jacked it up and removed the wheel, then put the spare on. I put away all my stuff and was back on the road within 15 minutes!
So today I'm at the tire place getting a new set of tires. I tend to run them down quite a ways before getting new ones, so it was time. I just having to spend the $500 to do it! Oh, well...