I got to go to a "Safety Practitioner's Workshop" this week for my job. It was a good workshop - lots of good information was conveyeed on the whole "safety culture" we are cultivating and the processes we are putting place to get there. I got to spend time with my new boss, which was good - he got to see a side of me few people get to see, and it's good for him to know it's there :-)
I got to see the first man that signed off on my certification as a controller. Ed Drury was at this meeting. He was the P
Operations Manager that issued my "pink card" that certified me as a "full performance level" or FPL controller. I remember it well, because he had misspelled my last name and I broke in to an OM meeting to ask him to issue me a new card. Even then I was cantankerous!
It's neat to see people from the past and how they have developed and survived during their careers. He had a tough time for a while but seems to have done fine in the past 18 years or so. I hope I do as well...