Sunday, April 11, 2010

Good week in Augusta

I worked at the tower in Augusta, Georgia, this week. It was a different experience for me - the smaller environment was very appealing, and everyone made me and the others that came in to help feel very welcome. I learned a lot from Mark Thompson, the STMC that has "run" the TMU support for the Masters Golf Tournament traffic for several years now, and enjoyed learning more about him and the others there. They were a wild bunch, out having fun at the local watering holes each night, but they were all hard workers dedicated to doing their best for the pilots and surrounding facilities. I got to go to a practice round and see the golf course, I got to meet up with my best friend from high school, and got to have my family over there for much of the week. What a great time!