So I haven't had a haircut since the middle of December 2010. It's interesting how it's going - I feel like I'm in the middle phase of having long hair, and don't know quite know what to do. I want to continue to let it grow, but then I feel guilty for not having my hair short like most of the guys around me. But then I watch a movie or TV show where a guy has long hair and I feel like I'm almost like them. I enjoy the feeling of hair flopping around the nape of my neck and my face, and I think it looks OK on me, so I am forging on. Interesting to be so counter to the current social norms, but it's fun and feels right.
I pull my hair back in a ponytail when I am at home or out running, but it just doesn't seem right for work at this point. I am getting plenty of compliments from women on how good my hair looks long, and getting the "get a haircut" comments from friends at work, which is a good sign. This all seems to be part of my effort to not conform to what others think I should be like effort, which is fine, but also uncomfortable for me since I tend to want to please those around me with what I do.
We'll see where all this rebellion leads...
This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Longer hair
So I haven't had a haircut since the middle of December 2010. It's interesting how it's going - I feel like I'm in the middle phase of having long hair, and don't know quite know what to do. I want to continue to let it grow, but then I feel guilty for not having my hair short like most of the guys around me. But then I watch a movie or TV show where a guy has long hair and I feel like I'm almost like them. I enjoy the feeling of hair flopping around the nape of my neck and my face, and I think it looks OK on me, so I am forging on. Interesting to be so counter to the current social norms, but it's fun and feels right.
I pull my hair back in a ponytail when I am at home or out running, but it just doesn't seem right for work at this point. I am getting plenty of compliments from women on how good my hair looks long, and getting the "get a haircut" comments from friends at work, which is a good sign. This all seems to be part of my effort to not conform to what others think I should be like effort, which is fine, but also uncomfortable for me since I tend to want to please those around me with what I do.
We'll see where all this rebellion leads...