Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another chunk removed

So today I had another piece of cancerous skin removed.  It was a squamous cell carcinoma that was shallow and not well developed on my left forearm.  Instead of cutting it the dermatologist used electro-dessication and curatage to remove it from my skin.  The hope is that this will heal faster and not limit my movement the way cutting and stitches does. 

This one scared me because it itched and burned a lot, nearly every day for the past couple of months.  The dermatologist said that it was due to the scar tissue that developed after the biopsy, but it's still scary to feel and think about,  I imagined that it was burrowing down to my blood vessels so it could travel to the rest of my body.  Yuck! 

Hopefully she got it all today.  I go back in 6 months to have another skin check.  What a pain!