This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Monday, September 30, 2013
Ran/walked 6.4 miles today
It's a goal that I've had since I started running again this year - run from the Kroger near house to the CVS 3.2 miles and back to Kroger. Though I didn't run the entire time I didn't stop at all and only had to walk when I was going uphill. I listened to an audiobook the entire time, learning Brene Brown about strategies to handle things I've had in my life for quite some time, and I got a little blister on my upper right heel because my shoe was rubbing, but otherwise it went well! I enjoyed being outside, my legs and butt are pretty sore, and my shoulders ache from being clenched as I ran or something, but I did it! And I think I got the endorphin rush people talk and write about at the end of the run - I was smiling and laughing as I drove home listening to praise music. Woohoo!
I'll continue running and learning as we go through fall, but I'm not sure about winter. Part of me wants to find a 5k to run in just to see how I do but we'll see about that...
