This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Resigned from scout troop
My schedule is such that I work on the night that our scout troop meets and I work every Saturday so I am not able to be involved with the troop on a regular basis. For the past 18 months or so I have tried to help the troop from beyond by going and doing things at the hut on my day off, trying to do things to help remotely, and trying to introduce some of the things that I used in our cub scout pack to help our leaders be more successful and connected even though we couldn't be together very often. Those techniques were not accepted in the troop and my ways have not fit in with the way our troop is run. I finally admitted that I don't fit in with the troop leaders and don't fit with the way things operate and let them know that I am no longer going to try.
It hurts me because I enjoy scouting and all that it teaches both the boys and the families involved and hope that my accepting that I don't fit in with the troop as it is now doesn't hurt Stephen and Kevin's efforts and enthusiasm. I did let the troop know that I can still help but will need to be told directly how I can help. I expect no direction to be given.
