This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Friday, September 05, 2008
Visited friend in hospital
My friend Robert Swanson, who I know from Scouts, had double-bypass surgery today. He is 47 and built big. He came through the surgery fine - they were able to use arteries from his chest to do the bypass with instead of pulling some from his arms or legs, and the doctor said they were a "perfect fit". He had to be sedated a little longer than normal due to extra pain during recovery, but had his breathing tube removed before the end of the day and was doing much better. He'll be in the hospital for abour 4 days, then will spend the next 4-6 weeks recovering.
I sat with his wife and family at the hospital for a couple of hours while he was in recovery. They were all doing good, joking about stuff in the past and confident Robert would come through this. It was funny seeing his brother and sister have some of the same mannerisms Robert has, something people have commented on about my brother and myself, and it was nice to get to know them a little.
Michelle said the kids were handling the situation OK. I ask that you pray for Robert to heal well and for his family to be fine, too.