Well, I finally did it - I went with Linux on a couple of machines at home. Ubuntu Linux is an extremely easy and streamlined Linux to get up and running, and does a lot of things automatically where the other versions of Linux seem to make things difficult (the way the Linux geeks like it :-) I'm hoping that by doing this I will finally start learning more about Linux, and I hope that the kids adapt to it and learn things that I don't even know about! I'll try to post some updates on how it's going...
This is a place where I can share what's going on in my life and add to the cacophony that is the Internet. I hope you like it!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Well, I finally did it - I went with Linux on a couple of machines at home. Ubuntu Linux is an extremely easy and streamlined Linux to get up and running, and does a lot of things automatically where the other versions of Linux seem to make things difficult (the way the Linux geeks like it :-) I'm hoping that by doing this I will finally start learning more about Linux, and I hope that the kids adapt to it and learn things that I don't even know about! I'll try to post some updates on how it's going...